Air Awareness Clean Commute Challenge
- WINNERS must work or live in any county contained in the Charlotte ozone maintenance area, which includes Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Union and York (SC) counties.
- ENTRY METHOD. Participants must log clean commute trips using Way2GoCLT.com or the Way2GoCLT Commute Tracker app.
- COMMUTE is defined as a trip to or from work.
- Eligible Clean Commute Modes include:
- Carpool (work)
- Vanpool (work)
- CATS bus (work) [Transit]
- LYNX train (work) [Transit]
- Street car (work) [Transit]
- Bike (work)
- Walk (work)
- CHALLENGE PERIOD. The Challenge will begin on June 1, 2017 and end on July 31, 2017.
- DRAWING PERIODS. The drawing period for the GRAND PRIZE and SECONDARY PRIZES will begin June 1, 2017 and end on July 31, 2017. The drawing period for each AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY PRIZE will be each day that is designated an Air Quality Action Day.
- For the purposes of this Challenge, all commencement times are 12:00AM of the start date; cutoff times are at 11:59PM of the end date.
- Log clean commutes within the drawing period to be eligible for entry into prize drawings. Entries submitted after the drawing period will not be accepted.
- Participants logging a minimum of ten clean commute roundtrips (20 clean commute trips) during the CHALLENGE PERIOD will be entered in the GRAND PRIZE and SECONDARY PRIZE drawings.
- Log one clean commute roundtrip (two clean commute trips) on an Air Quality Action Day to be entered in the AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY PRIZE drawing. Air Quality Action Days are designated by the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Air Quality, Forecast Center. Charlotte regional AQI data is available on the Mecklenburg County Air Quality website.
- Log a maximum of one clean commute roundtrip per day.
- The Air Awareness Clean Commute Challenge is designed to reduce the number of miles being driven by commuters. Therefore, commuting to work alone by motorcycle, scooter, hybrid vehicle, or alternative fuel vehicle (compressed natural gas, biodiesel, or all-electric vehicle) are not eligible as clean commutes for the purposes of this Challenge.
- Prize drawings will be held as follows:
- Grand Prize and secondary prize drawings will be held on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
- Action day prize drawings will be held on noon the day after the designated Air Quality Action Day.
- NOTICE and FORFEITURE. Prize winners will be notified by phone or email. If potential winner does not respond to notification within 10 days, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner forfeits prize, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from eligible entries.
The GRAND PRIZE is a home automation package, which includes a Nest thermostat, a Google Home, and an Apple Watch. The winner will be randomly selected from qualifying participants. To qualify for Grand Prize drawing, participant must log at least ten roundtrip clean commutes between June 1, 2017, and July 31, 2017.
SECONDARY PRIZE drawings will be held for GRAND-PRIZE-eligible participants primarily commuting in each of the following categories: Carpool, Transit, Bike, Walk, and Telework; for a total of five SECONDARY PRIZE drawings. Carpool and Transit category winners will each receive a Kindle Voyage. Bike and Walk category winners will each receive a FitBit Blaze. Telework category winner will receive a Nest thermostat. Winners will be randomly selected from eligible participants who log at least ten roundtrip clean commutes during the Challenge period. Each eligible participant’s primary commute category will be determined by the majority mode reported during the Challenge period. For the purposes of categorizing Eligible Clean Commute Modes for secondary prize consideration, carpool and vanpool clean commute trips will be counted in the aggregate as “Carpool;” CATS Bus, LYNX train, and street car clean commute trips will be counted in the aggregate as “Transit;” bike clean commute trips will be counted as “Bike;” walk clean commute trips will be counted as “Walk;” and telework clean commute trips will be counted as “Telework.”
AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY PRIZE
Any participant logging a clean work or non-work trip on an Air Quality Action Day will be eligible for entry in a prize drawing for that day. Winners will be randomly selected from qualifying daily entries.
Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Air Awareness Clean Commute Challenge, you authorize Mecklenburg County Air Quality and Sustain Charlotte to share your information submitted through Way2GoCLT.com or the Commute Tracker App with your network administrator(s).
- By entering a clean commute trip at Way2GoCLT.com during the Air Awareness Clean Commute Challenge, you certify that your registration information and clean commute entries are factual.
- Winners of prizes must verify in writing that their clean commute entries are factual.
- By registering, you are completely releasing Facebook and Instagram from any responsibility for the information presented in the Challenge promotion.
- By registering, you acknowledge that the Challenge promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- By registering, participants agree to allow their first name and place of employment to be used in prize winner announcements.
- Employees of Mecklenburg County Air Quality, Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS), Sustain Charlotte, and their immediate family members are ineligible for Prize drawings.
- Please contact Tara Onufrak, Onufrak@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov or 980-314-3373, with questions.